Monday, July 15, 2013

Working with Teens

The teen years can be the best and worst years of your life. It is the time that you start breaking away from your family and learn who you are. It is the time that you make decisions that can impact the rest of your life. There are whirlwinds of emotions that will overcome you when you have your first heartbreak or get rejected by your dream college. Teens can also experience extreme joys of falling in love for the first time, feeling the exhilaration of driving on their own and feeling extremely connected to their peers. These are just some of the many reasons I love working with teens. Being a part of these formative and challenging years is rewarding and reminds me of why I chose the career that I have of being a therapist. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and more information with you about adolescents. What was your favorite part of being a teenager?

No comments:

Post a Comment